Monday 18 May 2009

La Música Tremenda

I’ve been listening to lots of music lately. As per usual, most of it has been uninspiring dross, a positively steaming pile of derivative shit which could be used soundtrack my demise to hell, when the time comes (Yes I did listen to Tiga’s new album). Fortunately, throw enough shit at the wall and some of it is bound to stick. And so with this ethos in mind, I bring you a few tracks which I have had on heavy rotation of late. Particular attention should be paid to Señor Stevens’ effort, which is probably the most creative track I have heard all year. Reworking his label mates ‘The Castanets’, Sufjan produces what I perceive to be his answer to Bohemian Rhapsody – a ten-minute epic which traverses various genres and keeps the listener constantly guessing on where the track may go next. The other tunes are rather good too.

Sufjan Stevens – You are the blood

Who Made Who – The Plot (Noze remix)

Faze Action - Dannae’s Journey

Bottin – No Static (Main Version)


No comments:

Post a Comment